RackPing Monitoring Appliance
The RackPing Monitoring Appliance can be used for monitoring internal and external servers and microservices where site performance and availability is paramount.
RackPing Monitoring Appliance Features
- Easy to configure - whether SRE, manager or NOC operator, all can add monitoring checks, understand the performance graphs and do root cause analysis of incidents.
- Easy to understand visualizations of successful and failed requests dramatically reduces Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR)
- "Intelligent Alerts" explain the outage reason in plain language
- has visually-appealing NOC status page in color branded with your logo
- Multi-user and multi-department with localized timezone and language preferences
- JIRA/Ticket numbers can be assigned to each event or outage for linking graphs to and from graphs
- Standard and custom ports are supported
- VIP assignment reporting
- Records actual data points, not rolling averages like MRTG and Whisper (Graphite)
- Monitors Google SEO metrics Time to First Byte (TTFB) and redirects, allowing quicker post-deploy reviews
- The RackPing REST API enables you to automate or integrate with your own programs and configuration management systems
- The RackPing Network Flight Recorder lets you analyze events down to the minute, saving hours during incident investigations.
Can your monitoring system do this ... with one click?
RackPing Appliance FAQ
- Q: What if we already use Nagios or Zabbix?
- A: Those are good basic alerting systems for IT staff, but RackPing is an excellent alerting and visualization system for all engineering and business staff. The RackPing appliance can be used either as a replacement or as a complement to existing monitoring systems.
For example, some companies continue to use Nagios for escalations while using RackPing for application-level monitoring of web and microservices, and root cause analysis.
- Q: How difficult is it to install the RackPing appliance?
- A: Installation is as easy as 1-2-3:
- there's a property file to customize all site settings in one central place
- then either add monitoring checks manually, or use our JSON import tool or
- RackPing support can also do the configure for you either in person or via Webex/Zoom/BlueJeans/Skype.
- Q: How difficult is it to use the RackPing appliance?
- A: No training is required to use, administer or perform analysis with RackPing products. If you do have a question, just contact us via email, live chat or phone.
- Q: What storage backends do you support for data?
- A: RackPing Appliance data can be stored either on-appliance or to a remote networked database server in either:
- MySQL/MariaDB/Percona 5.5+
- Postgres 9.2+.
- Q: What High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) features are available?
- A: The RackPing appliance supports several HA features:
- The appliance has been tested with the HAProxy load balancer.
- Monitoring sensors support distributed operation.
- Off-server WAN data replication has been tested with MySQL.
- Q: What types of data center and Cloud hosting do you support?
- A: The RackPing appliance hardware and software supports several hosting environments:
- physical data centers
- Cloud (Amazon AWS with EC2 and RDS/Aurora, Microsoft Azure, Google GCE)
- Colocation/Dedicated (Digital Ocean, IBM/Softlayer, Rackspace, etc.)
- hybrid of the above.
- Q: Which social media and communication integrations are available?
- A: Currently supported are:
- REST API
- and more integrations coming!
- Q: Which ticket systems are supported?
- A: There is a base URL setting that allows integration with any ticketing or JIRA system.
- Q: Seriously, how can an appliance do root cause analysis?
- A: Contact sales for more info. We love to talk about how to make advanced monitoring easy!